This Development Squad is for swimmers aged between 6 and 11, and helps swimmers transition into a competitive swimming programme.
The aim of the squad is to give swimmers the key foundation that will help them develop throughout the performance pathway. Swimmers will be training an IM programme where they will learn how to swim each stroke with correct technique and efficiency. There will also be strong emphasis on starts, turns and finishes as well as underwater sessions. Much of the session will be breaking down each
stroke model and letting the swimmers experience and understand how each stroke is fundamentally done.
On a regular basis swimmers will be assessed on attendance, behaviour, training and competitive performance to determine if criteria for progression to the Junior Squad has been achieved.
- Colin Bott – Development Coach
- Steve Pollard – Development Coach
- Darren Mace – Development Coach
3.5 hours in total and attendance is required at all sessions.
- Sunday – Stour Centre: 17:00 to 18.30 (1.5 hours)
- Tuesday – Stour Centre: 19:00 to 20:00 (1 hour)
- Thursday – Stour Centre: 19:00 to 20:00 (1 hour)
Provisional programme of galas
- Club Championships
- East Invicta Championships
- Kent Junior League
- Thanet Junior Development Gala
- East Invicta Development Gala
- Kent Development Meet
- Drinks bottle
- Goggles (2 pairs)
- Short fins
- Junior pull buoy
- Mesh Bag