This squad is for swimmers aged between 8 and 12, and is for competitive swimming, improving swimmers technique and strength. The aim is to achieve East Invicta and County qualifying times.
Junior Squad swimmers will follow an IM technique-based programme and sessions will be drill progression based. Swimmers will have a strong understanding on training sessions and will be asked to compete at all competitions they qualify for. Swimmers will start to be put under stronger sessions, however the emphasis will be on holding good skills and technique throughout.
To qualify for this squad swimmers must:
• 8 x 50 kick @1.20
• Perform good drills and technique across all four strokes
• Complete 100 meters of all strokes including IM. (Not including Butterfly)
• Complete 50 meters of all strokes
On a regular basis swimmers will be assessed on attendance, behaviour, training and competitive performance.
- Colin Bott – Development Coach
- Steve Pollard – Development Coach
- Darren Mace – Development Coach
3.5 hours in total and attendance is required at all sessions.
- Sunday – Stour Centre: 17:00 to 18.30 (1.5 hours)
- Tuesday – Stour Centre: 19:00 to 20:00 (1 hour)
- Thursday – Stour Centre: 19:00 to 20:00 (1 hour)
- Saturday – Kingswood: 07:00 – 08:00 (1 hour)
Provisional programme of galas
- Club Championships
- East Invicta Championships
- Kent County Championships
- Kent Junior League
- Thanet Junior Development Gala
- East Invicta Development Gala
- Kent Development Meet
- Drinks bottle
- Goggles (2 pairs)
- Short fins
- Junior pull buoy
- Finger Paddles
- Mesh Bag