The Competition squad is currently an amalgam of our old Performance, Competition, Junior and Senior Squads whilst the club rebuilds post Covid/Closure of the Stour Centre.
The Squad is for ages 11 to 16 with the aim to continue technique development of all four strokes. Swimmers will have to demonstrate leadership qualities, a hard work ethic, a willingness to learn, have a positive attitude and be a role model to the younger swimmers in the club.
To qualify for this squad swimmers must:
- Be targeting County qualifying times
- Be able to perform all four strokes over 100 meters
- Be able to perform 200 meters off all strokes including IM. (Not including Butterfly)
- To perform 8 x 100 Kick @ 2.15
On a regular basis swimmers will be assessed on attendance, behaviour, training and competitive performance.
5 hours in total and attendance is required.
- Sunday – Stour Centre: 17:30 to 19.30 (2 hours)
- Tuesday – Stour Centre: 19:45 to 21:15 (1.5 hours)
- Thursday – Stour Centre: 19:45 to 21:15 (1.5 hours)
Provisional programme of galas
- Club Championships
- East Invicta Championships
- Kent County Championships
- South East Regional Championships
- Kent Junior League (to 13 years)
- National Arena League
- Icebreaker Last Chance
- Thanet No Frills Regional Qualifier
- Kent Development Meet
- Drinks bottle
- Goggles (2 pairs)
- Short fins
- Finger Paddles
- Hand Paddles
- Alignment Board,
- Pull bouy
- Mesh bag